Sway Bar Kit
Reducing Body Roll & Improving Handling
The CUSCO Sway Bar Kit replaces the factory sway bars (if equipped) and uses the factory mounting locations. The CUSCO Sway Bar will dramatically reduce body roll since its stiffness is greater than the factory sway bar or if the vehicle is not equipped with one. The larger diameter and steel strength bar give the CUSCO Sway Bar more resistance against torsion, which helps keep the vehicle stabilized during cornering and reduces weight transfer.
- Reduce body roll without change of ride comfort
- Improve stability during lane-change at high speeds
- Vehicle specific spring rate settings
There are several ways to reduce body roll. Replacing higher spring rate coil springs
and shock absorber is the way to improve, however, it affects ride comfort directly.
Having higher spring rate of sway bar is one of the best ways to reduce body
roll without affecting ride comfort.
Q. What will happen after replacing suspension components?
A1. Replace with OE Sway bars only
- Helps to reduce body roll and improve vehicle stabilities at high speed driving.
A2. Replace with Shock Absorbers only
- Adding above, improve steering response sharper
A3. Replace with Lowering Springs only
- Less shock absorber stroke amount helps to reduce body roll and improve steering response sharper
A4. Replace with Coilover Suspension Kit
- Reducing body roll and improve steering response sharper
A5. Use for Race / Competition
- Improve steering response quicker and correct understeering/oversteering.
Q. How to set-up Sway bar Kit?
A1. Correct Oversteer during Cornering
- Oversteer at Corner Entrance: Use Higher Spring Rate Front Sway Bar
- Oversteer at Corner Exit: Use Higher Spring Rate Rear Sway bar
A2. Correct Push-Understeer at Corner Exit
- Use Lower Spring Rate Sway Bars for both Front and Rear
A3. Improve Initial Steering Wheel Response
- Use Higher Spring Rate Rear Sway Bar
A4. Correct Understeer at Corner Entrance
- Use Lower Spring Rate Front Sway Bar and Higher Spring Rate Rear Sway Bar
A5. Reducing Body Roll
- Use Higher Spring Rate Front Sway Bar and Higher Spring Rate Rear Sway Bar
Adjustable Sway Bar
CUSCO offers 2-3 stiffness level adjustable (at the end links) sway bars for selective vehicles.
[ For Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Model 7/8/9 ]
CUSCO offers Front Sway Bar Adjustable Bracket.